05 December 2016
2017–2018 ETS Internship and Fellowship Programs in Research & Development for Graduate Students
ETS Research & Development (R&D) is pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for the 2017–2018 Educational Testing Service (ETS) Internship and Fellowship Programs in R&D.
These programs seek applicants interested in research opportunities who are enrolled in a doctoral program in the field of educational research, assessment or related fields. Areas of emphasis include the following:
- natural language processing and computational linguistics
- cognitive and developmental psychology
- learning sciences
- linguistics, second language learning and teaching English as a foreign language
- speech recognition and processing
- teaching and classroom research
- educational data mining
- international large-scale assessments
This program focuses on major research activities that will occur in 2017. Selected interns conduct research under the guidance of ETS mentors at ETS offices in Princeton, N.J. Graduate students who are currently enrolled in full-time doctoral programs in the areas listed above and who have completed a minimum of two years of coursework toward their Ph.D. or Ed.D. prior to the program start date are eligible to apply.
This program seeks graduate students who have completed their doctoral coursework and are at the dissertation stage of their program, working on a dissertation related to statistics, psychometrics, educational/psychological measurement or quantitative methods. Selected fellows study at their universities and carry out research under the supervision of an academic mentor and in consultation with an ETS researcher or psychometrician.
Please take a moment to consider which qualified individuals you believe would benefit from these opportunities and encourage them to apply.
Share this information with your colleagues. Complete program Information and application instructions are available here.
The application deadlines are as follows:
- The Summer Internship Program in Research for Graduate Students — February 1, 2017
- The Harold Gulliksen Psychometric Research Fellowship Program — December 30, 2016 (preliminary) and February 17, 2017 (final)
Thank you in advance for your assistance and support of these programs.